Pool temperatures, company registrations, dairy prices …
ScraperWiki is a Silicon Valley style startup, in Liverpool, UK. We’re changing the world of open data, and how data science is done together on the Internet.
We’re looking for a data scientist who…
- Loves data, and what can be done with it.
- Able to code in Ruby or Python, but willing to learn the other.
- Good at communicating with non-technical people.
- Happy to responsively give our corporate customers what they need.
Some practical things…
- We’re an innovative, funded startup. Things will change lots, as we find how our business works. We’d like you to enjoy and help with that.
- Must be willing to either relocate to Liverpool or to commute to our offices which are near the University. We might be able to organise working visas.
To apply – send the following:
- Links to two scrapers that you’ve made on ScraperWiki, involving a dataset that you find interesting for some reason.
- Similarly, a link to a view you’ve made on ScraperWiki (can be related to the two scrapers).
- A link to your résumé/CV
- Any questions you have about the job.
Along to email@example.com with the word swjob4 in the subject (and yes,
that means no agencies, unless the candidates do that themselves)
… Oil wells, marathon results, planning applications