The last two summers, we had a really good intern (Aidan Hobson Sayers – thanks for finding him for us, John!).
We’d like to do it again this year. We’ve opportunities in three areas, depending on your skills and interests.
- Platform team – CoffeeScript, Backbone, Unix. We use Extreme Programming.
- Data science team – Python, R. Scraping, statistics, working with customers.
- Tool making team – gorgeous user interfaces, with a mixture of the above skills.
The deal is…
- Work with a friendly, talented team in Liverpool, where a whole community is quietly growing the UK’s next big tech cluster.
- It’s at ScraperWiki’s offices. You need to be either based in commuting range, or prepared to move here for at least 6 weeks over the summer.
- We pay either travelling expenses, or if you’re more experienced, the standard student summer placement week rate.
- Oh, and you learn about startups, and changing the world of data analysis on the web.
If you’d like to apply, please send:
- Your CV
- A link to a scraper you’ve written of some kind, or an open source project you’ve made a large contribution to
To firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “swintern” in the subject. We’ll take applications from either students or non-students.